Deep Silver and 4A Games confirm that Metro Redux, which includes the definitive versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light plus all DLC is now available on Nintendo Switch™. Developed in-house by 4A Games over the course of 8 months, Metro Redux runs flawlessly at native 720p in handheld mode and 1080p when docked – all while maintaining a rock solid 30fps
Game critics agree that Metro Redux is a technical masterpiece:
· 9/10 – Nintendo Life: “Metro Redux is a top-notch first-person survival horror package that delivers countless hours of thrilling stealth combat all wrapped up in a superb story”
· 9/10 – GameSpew: “Metro Redux on Switch is absolutely phenomenal”
· 4/5 – Trusted Reviews: “Metro Redux is yet another triumphant port for the Nintendo Switch”
· 8/10 – 3D Juegos: “4A has done fantastic adaptation work, allowing a new wave of players to enjoy one of the most important action series of the last decade”
· Digital Foundry: “Metro Redux is a unique experience that has somehow managed to translate over beautifully to Nintendo Switch”
Metro Redux is available as a boxed edition containing both games and all DLC on one 16GB cart with no additional download required; and digitally as individual games from the Nintendo e-Shop.
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside. You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat.
But will they even listen? Rather than stand united, the factions of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
· Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro – witness one of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life on Nintendo Switch™
· Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse – equip your gasmask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
· Two campaigns, and all DLC included – Metro Redux includes two complete campaigns that combine to create one epic solo adventure, plus a further 10 hours of bonus content. Two unique Play Styles and Ranger Mode add hours more replayability!
· Two unique Play Styles : ‘Spartan’ and ‘Survival’ – approach the campaign as a slow burn Survival Horror , or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger in these two unique modes
© 2020 Koch Media GmbH and published by Deep Silver. Developed by 4A Games. 4A Games Limited and their respective logo are trademarks of 4A Games Limited. Metro Redux is based on the internationally best-selling METRO series of novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
ABOUT DEEP SILVER
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds by creating products of the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the gritty, post-apocalyptic Metro series. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include the next entries into the Saints Row, TimeSplitters and Dead Island franchises. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA.
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company’s own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
ABOUT 4A GAMES
4A Games is a multicultural, multinational video game development studio with offices in both Malta and Ukraine – known for its atmospheric first-person shooters Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, and Metro Redux.
Established in Kiev, Ukraine in 2005, the studio was founded by a passionate team of game industry veterans with the goal of creating AAA-quality games for current gaming PCs and then “next-gen” game consoles. In 2014, the studio moved its headquarters – along with more than 50 team members and their families – from Ukraine to the island of Malta.
Currently at the heart of the company are over 100 talented designers, programmers, artists, effects specialists, and writers from all over the world with a diverse and unique set of backgrounds – bringing countless years of experience in software development and computer games in particular.